So avocados…you can eat them but why stop there? put them on your face!
I’ve been hearing about avocado masks for years and always wanted to try it but never knew what the fuss was about but now I’ve tried it 2 times and I can definitely tell you that I’m not disappointed! My skin was left with a soft, firm and moisturised feeling which is exactly how I want it to feel. For those of you that don’t know how great avocados are here’s some info:
Benefits of an avocado facial mask:
- Moisturises and softens skin
- Firms and tightens skin
- Full of antioxidants that help to maintain the appearance and health of your skin.
- Soothes dry skin (natural sunburn soother, great for eczema and psoriasis)
Vitamins in an avocado important for skin:
- Vitamin E which is very important for skin as it protects it from damage and helps boost cell regeneration.
- Vitamin C is also vital for your skin’s health as it helps produce collagen, an agent which is an important part of your skin’s healing, including scars and helps prevent ageing.
Avocados also contain sterolins (sometimes called plant steroids) which is why the oil has such an amazing moisturising effect and softens the skin so well. But don’t take my word for it try it out yourself, here’s a step by step to making an avocado mask:
Avocado Facial Mask Recipe/Guide
What you need:
- An avocado (half an avocado is definitely enough!)
- A table spoon
- Blender (if you don’t have one just mash it up with a fork)
- Chopping Board
You can also add other ingredients to it such as honey or a healthy oil such as almond or extra virgin olive oil but it’s great on its own too. p.s. If you have any left over use it as a hair mask 🙂
The avocado has a big pit inside so you can’t slice it in half just slice around the pit.
Then twist and pull the avocado apart so you’re left with two pieces.
Then take the pit out and scoop all the avocado into a bowl.
Once you have your avocado in the bowl start blending/mashing the avocado until you get it as smooth as possible. (it doesn’t matter if it is a little lumpy.)
Wash your face and remove any make-up. Then apply it to your face and leave for 15 minutes. You may look, as my little brother put it, like someone sneezed and bogies went flying all over your face but it is definitely a beauty secret worth knowing. Enjoy!